In this post, I am writing about rooting galaxy fit froyo 2.2.1 . Remember that rooting will VOID your warranty. So root your phone only if you know what you are doing. This method has been tested and worked successfully on my galaxy fit. Follow the instructions carefully to successfully root your phone. Please note that root process has a slight possibility of bricking the phone if not done properly. So all I can say is DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Fully Charge the battery of your phone. Please backup all the contents of your phone as the existing data may get lost during update. I had used My Backup Pro. In addition to that, I had factory reset my phone from settings to avoid any problem.
1. Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 Froyo 2.2.1(obviously),
2. Super One Click package:- You can download the entire package here SuperOneClick
3. Windows PC. Galaxy Fit USB cable. Samsung USB DRIVERS (Download drivers here Samsung USB drivers )
1. Extract the usb drivers file and Install samsung drivers on your PC.
2. Extract SuperOneClick package on the desktop.
3. Remove sd card from your galaxy fit and connect your phone to your PC. Wait till PC gives the message like "device is ready to use".
4. Open SuperOneClick.exe from the extracted superoneclick package and wait for one minute.
5. There will be several large buttons. The first button will be of ROOT. Now, Please check once again that you have correctly followed the steps. Now click the ROOT button.
6. Do not disturb the phone or pc during the rooting process.
7. When the root process will complete, you will be asked to run a test of it. Click yes. The superuser will be installed on your phone and your pc will confirm the rooting.
Congrats!!! You have rooted your Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 Froyo 2.2.1. You will see superuser app in your applications.
AFTER ROOTING:-Open Superuser. Go to preferences and update the binary.
MOST IMPORTANT:- NEVER INSTALL ROM MANAGER ON FROYO. YOUR PHONE WILL BE BRICKED IF YOU TRY TO USE IT. ALSO, NEVER BACKUP YOUR ROM.